[Ground-station] Experimental Channels

Leffke, Zachary zleffke at vt.edu
Fri Feb 14 07:38:03 PST 2020

Oops…resending to the list…

From: Leffke, Zachary
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 10:37 AM
To: Ron Economos <w6rz at comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [Ground-station] Experimental Channels

Last I heard from an Air Force PM I ran into at the FalconSat review a couple years ago, its sitting in a warehouse, not officially cancelled, but on indefinite hold.  Since then Millennium Space Systems has been acquired by Boeing, and the contractors involved with the main sensor have all changed, and the Air Force folks that were on our side have since moved on.  So if it is, its under all kinds of new contractual arrangements, with new people, and we are no longer part of the mission.

From Aug of last year: https://spacenews.com/air-force-seeking-new-partner-to-complete-work-on-experimental-missile-warning-satellite/

-Zach, KJ4QLP
--
Research Associate