[Ground-station] Experimental Channels

KENT BRITAIN wa5vjb at flash.net
Thu Feb 13 20:22:42 PST 2020

 Hi Phil
Yea, Bernard does not understand that when we approach someone who has
put $100,000,000 into a bird, and ask if we can bolt a package to it.
YOU WANT TO DO WHAT TO MY $100,000,000 BIRD?
You want to use my precious power and I have to just hope your piece of junkdoesn't short out and take my power system with it?
Do you know how much extra maneuvering fuel I'll have to burn to haulyour stuff around?    Your are shorting my service life!

And who pays for my new calculations for the center of mass and thenew calculations for the launch vehicle mass distribution ?

What, you want to stress my thermal management system?
Where are your outgassing numbers?(XM slowly lost a bird when something inside outgassed and fogged up the solar cells)
And of course what us to insure there bird and launch if a failure is our fault andcover loss revenue.

And I haven't even started on all the issues the owner of the launch vehicle will bring up.
Bernard, the devil is in the details.

    On Thursday, February 13, 2020, 9:56:26 PM CST, Phil Karn via Ground-Station <ground-station at lists.openresearch.institute> wrote:

 On 2/12/20 18:48, KC9SGV wrote:
> So, specialized GEO or HEO satellites, I agree.
> But let's get the first one up pronto.
> MELCO built the QO-100 transponder on Es'Hail 2.
> Let them build one for us too and fly it on their next sat over the Americas.
> The money comes from a beneficiary or ads in the passband edges like on YouTube...
> Later, we push for more advanced transponders on future satellites.
> Bernard,
> KC9SGV

Can you name any rich Arab oil states in the western hemisphere visible
from, say, 90W?

Phil