[Ground-station] Google Summer of Code application completed and submitted

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 11:04:48 PST 2020

Thank you to everyone that suggested this, helped with this, and provided
encouragement and support.

Like the vast majority of what we do, it's win-win! The application process
produced a list of projects that need help, which can be found here:

https://openresearch.institute/google-summer-of-code-2020/

If we are accepted, then that's excellent news and we'll take full
advantage of it for the benefit of all.

If we are not accepted, then we have a list of projects that all have
mentors and support.

As soon as Andy G7UHN is ready to launch his project then all of this
content (and more!) will go there too. Andy's project is a really neat
website. It is a clearinghouse for high-tech amateur radio projects that
are looking for help, and people looking to help high-tech amateur radio
projects.

I'm truly excited about Andy's site and will do all I can to make it
successful.