[Ground-station] Virtual GNU Radio Conference 2020 - Call for Participation

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:48:21 PDT 2020

Virtual GRCon20 - Call for Participation

Greetings! I'm the chair of GNU Radio Conference 2020, starting 14
September 2020. This will be a fun, accessible, and exciting experience.
All participants will be welcomed and supported.

We have your back!

What do we need in order to succeed? GNU Radio content.

Submit your work for presentation at
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon/grcon20/submit/

We are looking for papers, presentations, posters, workshops, and lightning
talks.

Don't have time or energy for a complete submission? Don't let that stop
you. If you have real interest in presenting in September 2020, start the
process today. Enter in as much as you can about what you want to share
with the community. The organizing team is here to help you make it happen
and have fun doing it.

Need convincing, feel your work isn't good enough to share, or don't really
know how things could possibly work for a virtual event?

Read on!

We have excellent professional support for this event from ConFreaks.
We have outstanding keynote speakers lined up.
We have numerous workshop proposals submitted from organizations you know
and trust.

What do we need? You, sharing your work!

The barriers to participate at GRCon have never been lower. This gives us
the best possible chance to raise expectations on what we can achieve with
the event.

Traditional GRCon is expensive to attend. It's held during the work week in
a US time zone. Virtual GRCon cannot replace everything we lose by not
being able to have an in-person event, but we can make it radically
affordable, inclusive, meaningful, and interactive for a large part of the
globe.

I hear from many community members all year long that have doubts about
their work being "good enough" to present at the conference. I want to make
it clear that the conference team is here to help, support, and develop
quality presentations, not just "review" and "judge" complete work. No, we
can't do the engineering for you, but we can help you put your work in the
best possible light with feedback and encouragement. That is, if you start
now and submit your work.

Registration for presentation track is free. Workshop fee (covers all
workshops) is $50. Students are completely free, including the workshops.

Register here: https://tickets.gnuradio.org/grcon20/

Questions? Comments? Want to volunteer? We need reviewers and people
interested in gaining experience with running an online conference event.
Write grcon at gnuradio.org or me directly.

Know someone that should hear about GRCon20? Pass the attached pdf along.

-Michelle Thompson W5NYV
w5nyv at arrl.net