[Ground-station] Please vote - Ambasat sensor

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:26:38 PDT 2019

I bought into the Kickstarter for Ambasat.
https://ambasat.com/

I’d like you all to help choose the sensor!

Choices here:
https://ambasat.com/ambasat-2/sensor-options/

Disclaimer:
This has nothing to do with our project. I acknowledge that Ambasat is
controversial. No project funds are involved.

Why post this here?

Details:
I asked Ambasat about a custom amateur radio payload, so we could test
something for us. The kickstarter had that option. The lead of Ambasat said
yes, amateur payload ok, several people I asked at Virginia Tech said go
for it, and a small group looked at the specs and tried to design something
useful for us. But, the very compact size and power budget was quite
daunting. And the time frame was very short. We don’t have enough
miniaturization or time. Instead of a custom board, we have a standard
flight and a ground version.

Instead of quietly sending this up, I wanted to share it with the team as
something fun. I just received the survey for the sensors, so we easily
have a week at least to vote. It includes some sensors already. The free
choice is an additional sensor slot.

-Michelle W5NYV

--
-Michelle W5NYV