[Ground-station] Amateur Radio Newsline.

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 11:57:01 PDT 2019

What exactly do you mean by "we should advertise GEO more"?

You are addressing the group that has contributed, and continues to
contribute, an enormous quantity of open source technology dedicated
specifically towards this goal. We've knocked down the hardest parts and
have moved hard on the rest.

We've written a very good grant proposal and we're willing to put in the
very long hours/days/weeks/months to campaign for it.

We've stood up a 501c3 dedicated to open source amateur radio digital space
payloads and ground stations. It's successful, growing, and gaining
traction.

We publish everything we do. We accept every invitation for every podcast.
We publish in every Journal or Proceedings we can get around to doing. We
have solid relationships with international organizations, Universities,
and space consortiums.

AMSAT-NA has not been supportive or cooperative in the past, but I'm very
optimistic here. I will not give up. I spent a large amount of time and
energy campaigning to be on their Board of Directions. I won that election,
and I will advocate for our work for as long as people keep sending me in
to do it.

Exactly what do you expect us to do more of, in terms of advertising? If
there is something specific you have in mind, that we are not doing, then
we need to hear it. There is a large number of people on this list that can
help. We have a window of opportunity here, and we should take advantage of
it.

In order to do that, we do need more details than "more".

-Michelle W5NYV