[Ground-station] AREDN via GEO satellite discussion on GEO.IO Group.

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:06:22 PDT 2019

Rent-a-GEO funding proposal was published 28 September 2019.

Current document can be found at
https://openresearch.institute/2019/09/28/open-research-institute-phase-4-space-rent-a-geo/

Unlike the Phase 4 Space funding proposal, which is four dedicated GEO
amateur payloads, the Rent-a-GEO was not invited for submission to ARDC.
ARDC is not currently accepting grant proposals, according to their website.

If you want to see it considered by ARDC, then it would be helpful to tell
them. That may make a difference.

Other funding sources under consideration are ARRL Foundation and FEMA.

I have several meetings scheduled to talk about Rent-a-GEO at AMSAT-NA
Symposium and will be available the entire event for discussions about
this, the global GEO payload proposal, the major advancements in LDPC
decode and channelizers, and more.

I anticipate being able to incorporate quality feedback, comment, and
critique at Symposium into the draft and publish a revision in late
October. That's the current status.

-Michelle W5NYV