[Ground-station] G/T

KENT BRITAIN wa5vjb at flash.net
Thu May 2 12:53:26 PDT 2019

 For this bird you would still be transponder noise floor limited.The G/T would be a very very minor noise contribution.
Actually only half of the antenna pattern sees 290K, the other half iscloser to 4K.    We used 180K for antennas that see 1/2 earth, 1/2 sky.
Oh, if we only had such issues!!!!    I did work PA1EW thru Oscar 100 two weeks ago.
Certainly a different way to operate.   Kent