[Ground-station] Operation 1.2m Dish Pickup: Dayton Hamvention 2019!

KC9SGV kc9sgv at gmail.com
Wed May 1 06:24:39 PDT 2019

I will take one in Chicago !
Still think we can hit QO-100 with CW at least, at 0 deg elevation out over Lake Michigan.
Read somewhere that 10 Watts at the feed point will give ~2.5 KW ERP out of a 1 m dish...
Depending on the specs.
Diffraction, refraction and tropo scatter.
Remember the GEO sat sits at 36000 Km above Africa.
Weird, about 75 deg magnetic az and -25 deg el from Chicago.
Worth a test shot.
But, we really need/want our own all mode GEO sat or commercial solution transponder above the Americas !

Bernard,
KC9SGV

Sent from my iPad