[Ground-station] Prototype BOM questions

Wally Ritchie wally.ritchie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:15:23 PDT 2019

The ESP32 is a solid part. I have hundreds of them deployed in IoT devices.
It's the go part to add anykind of WiFi or BT. I have battery powered WiFi
devices that last for months on a single battery (taking measurements every
minute and reporting to the cloud every hour). The only disappointment at
the moment is the BT modes take a lot more power than possible - this is
likely to change as the proper power management is implemented.

The toolchain is literally fantastic. The most solid one I've ever used.

Note this module is FCC approved.

There are some variations appearing now with external antenna and more
memory. Also FCC approved.