[Ground-station] 501c3 status for Open Research Institute has been approved

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 12:36:19 PDT 2019

Good news - open Research Institute  is now a 501c3.

This helps Phase 4 Ground in several ways. Most significantly, with
fundraising, but also with transparency.

This was a long and unfamiliar process (speaking for myself) with several
unexpected setbacks. We had to go through an extra ID check with the state
of California. The instructions in the official letter were, quite frankly,
misleading. This produced a delay!

Next hurdle in the upcoming year is taxes, which are relatively
straightforward.

I will celebrate this milestone and will do my best to fulfill it's
potential.