[Ground-station] DVB-S2 RX Explorations

Christopher Howard christopher at alaskasi.com
Wed Feb 27 15:56:41 PST 2019

CQ CQ...

Hi list. I've got a side project going to play around with using GRC to
demodulate signals from one of our birds, which is using DVB-S2 for
Internet data transmission. Idea is to take the next step up from a
simple spectrum analyzer to be able to recognize frames and higher
layers. I'm working through what documentation I can find in gr-
dvbs2rx, while going through the DVB-S2 spec.

I was wondering if somebody had any DVB-S2 rx or similar .grc file(s)
(or just a screenshot) they could share that would help give me a
overarching visual on how these dvbs2rx GRC blocks are generally
connected. Of course, I wouldn't expect the configurations and
parameters of one project to just instantly map to another, but am
looking for whatever visual aids I can find.

--
Christopher Howard, Enterprise Solutions Manager, Alaska Satellite
Internet