[Ground-station] DVB-S2X white paper.

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 11:49:59 PDT 2019

I think I used that white paper in the original presentations about P4G.
It's pretty good!

Yes, there is a growing number of inexpensive COTS hardware using it.
That's one of several reasons why we picked it.

Howe DeFelice has been great about tracking what companies have chips that
implement it. ASICs almost always beat FPGAs in terms of cost, but we often
need things that commercial solutions simply do not provide. Like, GSE
instead of MPEG as the transport layer.

-Michelle W5NYV