[Ground-station] Brazilian RF pirates on old Military GEO comms sats.

KC9SGV kc9sgv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 09:25:55 PDT 2019

Hi,
Talking about wetting the appetite for our own very legal ham 6U GEO sat...
Since there are some old rules out there about not divulging what we hear on radio....🤔
Just sayi'n that Google and YouTube has some amazing stuff from foreign ground stations in this regard.
Old, mostly abandoned and open (foreign?) military GEO comms sats just sitting in the GEO belt in our southern sky...
Arrow II antenna in vertical polarization, RTL-SDR dongle with SDR#, RECEIVING only the FM downlink around 255 MHz, works well, according to who you read.

Not sure if receiving signals like that is legal in the U.S.
Does anybody here know ?

Bernard,
KC9SGV

Sent from my iPad