[Ground-station] Polar codes

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 04:12:14 PDT 2019

Thanks Andrej,

Have not yet got them to work for me over the air Assuming operator error.

Presenters at ITA poster session in February mentioned that the existing
ones in GNU Radio were different from what’s in 5G. Poking at that revealed
IP challenges. Looks right up our alley!

-mdt

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 00:29 Andrej Rode via Ground-Station
<ground-station at lists.openresearch.institute> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:12:30 -0700
> Michelle Thompson via Ground-Station
> <ground-station at lists.openresearch.institute> wrote:
>
> > However! I have been keeping up with Polar Codes. I would like to see
> > them integrated into amateur radio and GNU Radio.
>
> Polar code support is already around in GNU Radio since 2015. [0][1]
> Probably can use more performance optimization, but still it's a start.
>
> Cheers
> Andrej
>
> [0] https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCPastProjects#POLAR_Codes
> [1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-fec/lib/