[Ground-station] LDPC - open cores, Ultra96, GNU radio, and more!

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:23:22 PDT 2018

Thank you to all who are interested! Let's get some work done this week and
upcoming weekend.

Scott Cowling reports that there's an LDPC module on open cores and he's
taking a look at it and will report back.

We have LDPC modules in GNU radio. I think they are hard decision only. Can
someone confirm? Has anyone gotten them to work?

Several of us have Ultra96s - any reason we can't baseline that for
hardware testing?

What number format? Charles Brain's GPU code uses a different format from
most of the IP cores he's looked at. We need to go ahead and draw a line in
the sand and pick a format. If we need to change from the one in the GPU
code, then we need to bite the bullet now rather than later?

Who is available to write DVB-S2 LDPC into MATLAB as a reference design to
we can easily verify the FPGA work?

What else?