[Ground-station] Ballon launch - lightweight inexpensive 10GHz transmit

Douglas Quagliana dquagliana at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:28:51 PDT 2018

>The thing that made me remember Mr. Myrick was no need to cut up the
RTL-SDRs.

Indeed.  The newer RTLSDRs from RTL-SDR have exposed unsoldered pad where
you can either take or receive clocking from other RTL-SDR dongles.
See

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/?s=daisy+chain

under "Feature 3" where they write
" An example of CLK daisy chaining is shown below. One dongles TCXO
is connected to two other dongles who have disconnected clocks. "

This would give you three RTL-SDR dongles all phased together.  Has anyone
tried this already?

Douglas KA2UPW/5