[Ground-station] Satellite program

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Jun 1 11:19:03 PDT 2018

Bdale,

Do you happen to know where there's a copy of Karl's old proposal?

Finding a viable part is important. There are consumer or industrial parts
that we may choose to trust based upon someone else's testing and our
understanding of their architecture. The most common seems to be a
Microsemi (formerly Actel) part that is reported upon here:
https://www.hevs.ch/media/document/1/20130612_cof_igloo-for-cubesat_1.pdf
This goes to 40 krad.
Parts that are specified as rad-hard seem to start in the $2000s and go up
from there. Do you know of less expensive ones?

Having a separate communications processor seems to be a good plan, as long
as we have a fallback position to operate the satellite if that processor
fails.

    Thanks

    Bruce

--
Bruce Perens K6BP - CEO, Legal Engineering
Standards committee chair, license review committee member, co-founder,