[Ground-station] Send Money!

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Jul 23 19:20:49 PDT 2018

ORI is now equipped to collect donations.

We're incorporated and registered as a California charitable foundation. We
have a bank account. We have submitted our 1023 filing with IRS to become a
501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit. While we can not guarantee that will be
granted, our professional preparer claims they don't have applications
rejected. Upon grant, you will be able to write off the prior 14 months of
donations.

We have expenses which so far have come out of my pocket and Michelle's.
There was about $4000 spent on forming the organization and getting our
501(c)3. We had a booth at Hamvention which cost Michelle a lot. It's
probably time to stop running the organization out of our pockets.

We are sending delegates to NASA meetings, the Open Source Cubesat Workshop
in Madrid, and other conferences, and would like to compensate them for
travel and lodging. The European Union is paying for my flights to and from
Madrid, but not other travel and that won't happen every time. And we're
just starting to build satellites.

So, I'm going to make some better fund-raising presentations than this, but
this is the first. Please help. Send a check to:

Open Research Institute
PO Box 8552
Berkeley, CA 94707-8552.

I'll set up Paypal soon.

    Thanks

    Bruce K6BP

--
Bruce Perens K6BP - CEO, Legal Engineering
Standards committee chair, license review committee member, co-founder,