[Ground-station] The other kind of ground

Douglas Quagliana dquagliana at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:42:46 PDT 2018

 Hi Bruce,

New houses are still being built with Cat-5e cabling, if they even have
networking cables in the walls. I was going to jokingly suggest skipping
the Cat-7 cabling and just waiting for Cat-8, but Cat-8 is apparently
almost ready for release. However it is not intended for general use.
Cat-8 is only for short runs in the data centers.

Maybe just wait for Cat-9 cabling or end-to-end fiber without any
copper in the data path. After all, it will still be called "Ethernet."  :-)

Happy 4th everyone,
Douglas
(Must...Resist...Puns...With...Cats...And...Nines...)