[Ground-station] Balloon Launch - experiments?

Douglas Quagliana dquagliana at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:07:26 PDT 2018

I would like to suggest sending up a software defined radio that can
recording on (and around) the proposed uplink frequencies.  It should
sample at the highest sampling rate possible to capture the widest
bandwidth possible into the recording.  The recording will be huge. This
experiment could be an SDR, a Raspberry Pi and a really really big USB
thumb drive (or two or three USB thumb drives in a RAID configuration) to
hold the recording.  The idea is to listen to the uplink frequencies from
the highest altitude possible just to see what signals might be heard from
orbit.  Call it HASREX (High Altitude SDR Recording EXperiment).
Douglas KA2UPW/5