[Ground-station] Paid personnel as operators or license grantees of Amateur Satellites

Paul Williamson paul at mustbeart.com
Tue Apr 10 22:41:50 PDT 2018

This summary fails to mention that there is a list of four exceptions to
the pecuniary interest rule in Part 97.113(3). This suggests that the FCC
could grant a further exception for satellite operators if it saw fit to do
so, without running afoul of the ITU.

One of those exceptions was added in Docket 92-136, which also relaxed the
rule prohibiting any "business" communication. My point is simply that
rules can be changed, even rules we've come to view as immutable.

  -Paul